11 Random Facts About Me!
- I use way too many exclamation marks!!!!!
- I had a menagerie of “rescued” animals as a kid including a pelican, long-neck turtle, childrens python, rainbow lorikeet, kookaburra as well as the more conventional cats and dogs.
- I am extremely competitive and never “let” my kids win games, of any kind!
- I buy licorice because the kids hate it and I don’t have to share it
- I was a master Sonic the Hedgehog player in the early 90’s. It was the only electronic game I could consistently beat my older brother at.
- The first trophy I ever won was a bottle of Champagne as the youngest member of a sailing crew at the age of 6. (I had to hand it over to my mother and she bought me a creaming soda instead)
- I was blonde and blue eyed as a child and as I have aged my eyes have turned green and my natural hair colour is….anyone’s guess!
- I am particular about fonts!
- I never wear tracksuit pants or Ugg Boots – EVER!!
- I love watching all sports – but cannot, cannot, cannot tolerate soccer or netball.
- Generally people have 4 lower incisors (front teeth) but I have only ever had 3 and my sister (9 years older) has 5!
Dean’s Questions for Me:
- How do you feel about pants? It depends on the definition and circumstances! I think trackpants (sweatpants) are a fashion disgrace, are the equivalent of pjs and should only be worn indoors!
- What was the last movie you saw in a theatre? I took my teenage daughter and her girlfriends to see The Hunger Games – Catching Fire
- Where are your car keys? On the shelf where they are supposed to go!
- What time is it? Holiday time and summer which means long days and no bed times 🙂
- What’s the last tweet you favorited?
- Outside of your immediate family, which relative do you like to spend time with? I would have to say my brother-in-law, he has a wicked sense of humour and is easily teased.
- Have you ever been to Saskatchewan? Never
- How long did it take you to walk to school as a kid? I lived on the same street as my Primary School so about 3 minutes. My Junior High School was a 20 minute bike ride.
- Besides you, blogger should I be paying attention to? I always enjoy reading Justin Stortz – Pursuing Context
- Name one golf course. Kooyoonga Golf Course – I used to go past it every day on the way to Uni.
- What’s your favorite Seinfeld episode or line? This is the toughest of all questions! I do love the episode where Jerry convinces George to do the opposite to what he is normally inclined. He ends up happy and successful (I think he even gets a job with the Yankees from memory). I also like muffin tops though, I always save the tops for last so that one just makes sense!
Questions for You:
- What is a habit you wish you didn’t have?
- Where is somewhere you have always wanted to travel?
- Which way should the toilet paper face?
- What band/musician are you embarrassed to admit you secretly enjoy?
- What is something you keep that you should really throw out?
- Ice cream/Frozen Yoghurt/Sorbet/Gelati?
- What do you wish you did more of?
- What was the first movie you ever saw at the cinema?
- Who is someone that you are grateful for but never tell them enough?
- Summer/Autumn/Winter/Spring and why?
- Have you ever been to Darwin (Northern Territory, Australia)?
Now It’s Your Turn: note this is the first time I have EVER passed on a “chain letter”, however for some of you listed, it may be the nudge you need to write an overdue post 🙂
- Andrea Stringer
- Justin Stortz
- Caroline Fishpool
- Jenna Shaw
- Kadri Auvaart
- Melanie Spencer
- Paul Huebl
- Dana Corr
- Gemma Brown
- Bob Thiele
- Debra Evans
Here’s how it works:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
Post back here with a link after you write this. Go on, you have homework to do.